Matt and I are very grateful to Peter Rowe and his professional videos tailor-made for The Mekong Club and Matt’s Keynote Speaker Demo Reel. Peter’s videos are incredibly inspirational. We wanted to help promote Peter’s production work – please reach out to him if you need a video for your company, NGO or for your social media. We’re very happy with his creative productions. Check out Peter’s blog post below and his 2 demo reels.
Post by Peter Rowe:
There’s been an explosion of growth in video on social media in recent years. And even more so since the COVID-19 pandemic. Up by as much as 60% since March 2020, as more and more people use online for shopping, browsing and entertaining. Views of branded video content has increased 99% on YouTube and 258% on Facebook between 2016 and 2017.
On Twitter, a video Tweet is 6x more likely to be retweeted than a photo Tweet. If you haven’t taken a closer look at the power of social media and video together, you’re in for a surprise. The numbers are big. Really big.
“I see video as a megatrend,” said Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, February 2017. Facebook has the largest audience of any social network, with more than 2.07 billion monthly active users. That’s more than one-third of the world’s population, and a whole lot of those people are watching video.
Around 100 million hours of video are watched every day on Facebook. Like YouTube, Facebook has a massive and diverse audience, which makes it harder to characterise than the emoji-filled landscape of SnapChat. The overall point to remember about Facebook is that people come to be entertained. Of the 79% of marketers who have published video content on Facebook, 85 per cent say it has been a success.
– Remember graphics: 85% of videos are viewed with the volume off, according to Digiday.
– Create playlists of videos: Make it easy for people to find similar videos.
– Add a featured video: You can pin a video to the top of your page to introduce your brand or highlight a new product.
– Upload videos directly to Facebook: Native videos give you analytics and better visibility in the feed.
– Make sure you have a call to action: Give them something to do after they watch (or during) the video with an on-screen CTA.
Want to know more? Contact Peter Rowe at: Prvvideoonline.com
Peter@prvvideoonline.com 61 (0) 468 893737
Peter Rowe produced Matt Friedman’s Keynote Speaker Demo Reel.